MBF Internship Program
We are currently not accepting applications for Internship.
The MBF Internship Program is recognized for being one of the most unique, if not most demanding learning programs on Wall Street; graduates include the industry’s most accomplished energy traders.
Each year, we select upwards of three dozen applicants to attend a
6-week summer semester that runs Mon.-Fri. from early July to
Each day starts promptly at 8:30 am (ending at
4-5 pm), and typically includes a daily class in economic analysis conducted by MBF’s Founder/CEO Mark Fisher. Throughout the balance of the day, interns are mentored by senior staff, and work side by side with MBF traders in the open outcry trading pits of the New York Mercantile Exchange, the world’s center point for energy futures trading.
We pride ourselves on diversity; the young men and women accepted to our program each year include apprentice traders, those that have demonstrated unique academic achievement, scholar-athletes, and those with a burning desire to learn about the
financial markets, regardless of economic or educational background.
Applicant Interns are required to provide:
- A resume, including all pertinent contact information.
- One-page cover letter, limited to three paragraphs that describe your personal interests and achievements, your career goals, and what you hope to accomplish by attending MBF University.
- At least two (2), and no more than four (4) letters of reference including referral contact information. These referrals can come from teachers, coaches, clergy, or prior employers.
MBF Interns are paid according to education level. We guarantee that if you are selected for an internship, the experience that we provide will be memorable, and the tools and learning opportunity will prove invaluable.
In consideration for being accepted to participate in the MBF Internship Program, all interns are expected to:
- Promptly arrive at our offices each day no later than 8:15 am
- Abide by MBF Employee Guidelines
- Remain completely focused on the training that will be provided, and the tasks that you will be
- Ask Questions. No Matter What.
- Be prepared to provide answers. Always.
To submit your application package
MBF Clearing Corp.
225 Liberty Street
New York, NY 10281
(With Cover Page: “Attn: Internship Director”)
E-Mail us at